Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ham Casserole

Wondering what to do with all that extra ham? I am giving you my mom's recipe for ham casserole. Measurements aren't specific because she passed away without giving me the exact recipe. I was able to duplicate it by channeling her energies and I find it great comfort food.

Ingredients:

One large casserole dish
1 large package of egg noodles (I use the cholesterol-free ones)
2 cans (reg. size) of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup or 1 family can
1 small quarter bag of plain potato chips
4-5 cups of diced ham

Directions:


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

After you have cooked the noodles and drained them, I use the same pot to mix the ham and mushroom soup. I then transfer this into a large casserole dish, and crush the bag of potato chips over the mixture so that it creates a topping. Place the casserole in the oven for 90 minutes. I take it out of the oven at this point and check to see if the chips are browned.

Thank to Laura, her pugs, and the rest of the Kubitz Family!

No comments: