Saturday, May 3, 2008

Poor Man's Chicken and Bacon Pasta

Ingredients:

1 pkg bacon
1 pkg Boneless skinless chicken breast
1 Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Salt and Pepper
A bit of sugar
Pasta Noodles any of your favorite kind, we use spag because our
children will eat those.

Directions:

Start the bacon frying and the water boiling for the noodles.

Once the bacon is all cooked, leave the grease in the pan and add your chicken breast sprinkled with salt and pepper into the hot grease and cook thoroughly. (you can add a pat of butter- I usually do)

Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pan and drain the grease.
Wipe down the skillet with a paper towel and then pour in your spaghetti sauce and your dash of sugar and stir well.

Cube your chicken and add that to the sauce and then crumble the bacon
and stir it in.

Serve over your noodles.

It's a family favorite here, one we all will eat. I usually add some extras to the sauce if I have them around - chopped onion, red and yellow bell-type peppers, garlic... You can be
as creative as you wish.

It's delicious and even though bacon and chicken and spagheti don't sound like they go together, they do!

This one is thanks to me! I am so proud of myself, but I do accept gifts of appreciation *G*

No comments: